Window Insulation Services in Chicago
Insulating windows can save you money on your heating and cooling bills, and typically involves the following:
- Removing and replacing you old insulation;
- Sealing the spaces around the window;
- Using foam insulation to ensure good separation between outside elements and inside environment.
1. While insulating the windows, keep in mind that most products are effective down to around 15F. Installing thermal insulation is a labor-intensive process but it ensures the job will be done right and that your windows will be problem-free for many years to come.
2. Sealing your glass and frames will preserve the sashes and frames from rot (due to moisture and changes in temperature) for many years.
3. Replacing old insulation between the window frame and wall with a new one using insulating foam creates and barrier that keeps your home comfortable.
Home energy experts tell us that up to 30% of a home’s heat escapes through windows. However, window insulation and additional sealing may increase temperature at any home by 7-10 degrees. High quality window insulation ensures an environmentally-friendly home and savings on heating and cooling costs. And, while the cost of insulation may seem like something you may wish to avoid, insulating properly will pay for itself with added comfort and money in your pocket from reduces heating and cooling expenses.
Choose the experienced staff at Window Repair Inc with your window insulation.